Serves: 4 - 6
This garlic-free hummus has a nice kick! Make two batches in your food processor for the perfect addition to your next party. If you’re a fan of garlic, add 2 cloves before processing.
2 cups cooked RTE Cuisine Chickpeas
2 tablespoons jarred refrigerated prepared horseradish
3 tablespoons lemon juice (Juice from 1-medium lemon)
2 tablespoons tahini
2 tablespoons cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoon water
Extra cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling (optional)
¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of chickpeas to be used later as a garnish.
- In a food processor combine remaining chickpeas with rest of ingredients (not including the garnishes). Pulse until smooth about 2 to 3 minutes. If hummus is too thick, add a tablespoon of water.
- Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Garnish with olive oil, pine nuts and the 2 tablespoons of chickpeas that were set aside at the beginning.
- Serve with toasted pita bread, whole grain crackers, or sliced raw veggies.
- When buying prepared horseradish, choose a brand without added sugar and preservatives.
- If you prefer a thinner hummus, adjust the consistency by adding more water, 1 tbsp at a time.
- Hummus will keep for up to 1-week in a sealed container in the refrigerator.