SAVORY QUINOA NUT MUFFINS
This mix can also be prepared as a Quinoa Nut Loaf for a vegetarian alternative to a meatloaf. Quinoa is a gluten-Free seed (not a grain) that is a complete protein!
1 ½ cups cooked RTE Cuisine Red & White Quinoa
1 cup walnuts
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 sweet yellow onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 cup cremini mushrooms (about 75 grams), finely chopped
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 teaspoon dried thyme
½-cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup farmer cheese
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350° Lightly oil a 12-cup muffin tray and set aside.
- Place walnuts in a plastic bag and crush with a mallet or roll with a rolling pin. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium high, then sauté onion and garlic until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, sage, and thyme to the skillet. Stir about 5 minutes. Transfer mushroom mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Add quinoa, walnuts, Parmesan cheese, farmer cheese, eggs, parsley, salt, and red pepper flakes into mushroom mixture until combined. Evenly pour the mixture into the cups of the muffin pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until muffins are golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes. Allow muffins to cool in pan before inverting muffin tray.